The Techinline team is thrilled to announce the release of a new major Techinline version 4.0! The centerpiece of this release is the highly anticipated multi-session feature, but there are a number of other key enhancements as well! [Read more…] about Major Techinline 4.0 Version Update: Highly Anticipated Multi-Session Feature is now Available!
An important note for Techinline multi-license holders regarding the recently released unattended access feature:
You can now share your Unattended Computers List with other Techinline accounts. Do you have multiple Techinline licenses [Read more…] about Share or Merge your Unattended Computers List With Other Accounts!
Techinline is thrilled to announce the release of the long-awaited, highly anticipated Unattended Access feature! This feature delivers increased flexibility and convenience to work on and resolve clients’ computer problems without their intervention or presence. Furthermore, it will allow Techinline users to utilize our application in a number of new ways, such as to provide remote maintenance or after-hours support. We sincerely hope that this feature will deliver add-on value to our clients, especially considering that it does not involve any extra fees or upgrade costs!
Important Note: Unattended access is only available for subscription licenses. The Per-Session licenses will not offer this feature. Techinline’s pricing is summarized on our Buy Now page.
The process of configuring and managing unattended computers is explained in the Unattended Support Connection section of our online documentation.
Although unattended access is by far the main centerpiece of Techinline’s major 3.0 release, this new version also contains several other improvements that are also worth mentioning:
- Ctrl+Alt+Home for Disabling Mouse Cursor Movement – You are now able to press Ctrl+Alt+Home to release your mouse input from the remote computer. In other words, your mouse movement is not sent to the remote computer. To regain control of the remote mouse, simply click on the remote desktop
- Optimized Compression Algorithm – We’ve optimized our compression algorithm to better support full-color images on the remote computer
- Windows Background – Due to an enhanced compression algorithm, the Windows background on the remote computer is no longer blacked out during the session. You will now be displayed the end-user’s actual background
- Improved Layout of Session Usage Report – We’ve made some changes to the layout of the Session Usage Report to provide a more user-friendly and intuitive experience of working with this key feature
- Revitalized & Stylish User Interface Design and Appearance – We’ve made some changes to the user interface to deliver a fresh and modern look
Techinline’s development team is actively working on further expanding our application’s functionality and feature-set, and as a result, Techinline users should expect to be treated to several other major enhancements in the coming months. We kindly ask all Techinline users to contact us with any feedback, questions, or concerns regarding the most recent update or share their ideas about any other key features that they would like to see.
The ability to Log On as a different user on a remote computer is very handy for support situations that require a technician to work on machines with multiple Windows User accounts. Such a scenario can be encountered on shared computers within a corporate environment where multiple users are able to work only under their individual Windows account. [Read more…] about Analyzing the 6 Most Important Features in a Remote Desktop Application (Part 4): Log Off/ Log On or Switch Remote User
A technician will very often be called upon to connect to a Client’s computer without anyone being physically present at the remote end. This may be required if the client’s computer is only available during non-business hours, or if the technician has a contract to perform periodic maintenance checks on clients’ machines. [Read more…] about Analyzing the 6 Most Important Features in a Remote Desktop Application (Part 3): Unattended Access to a Remote Computer
In our ongoing development efforts to expand Techinline’s feature-set and functionality, we’ve been inspired to discuss the 6 most essential features that any remote desktop application should deliver. This analysis is first and foremost based on feedback and suggestions made by Techinline’s users over the years, and therefore should reflect a standard IT professional’s own “must-have” list for choosing a remote desktop application. [Read more…] about Analyzing the 6 Most Important Features in a Remote Desktop Application (Part 1): File & Clipboard Transfer